I used to find driving home relaxing. No longer. Every day I run the gauntlet of construction that is my home town. The latest obstacle is the new "stoplight" they put up about 25 metres from my turnoff. They're tearing up the road, so the stoplight at each end controls the flow of traffic. Or should I say trickle? The light has a nice warning on it that says "Wait 3 minutes". Do you know how long 3 minutes is when you're on a deadline to get to your house, park the car, and run across to the school to pick up the kids? This assumes I can even turn onto my street at all.
My sitter's husband works for a company that supplies construction sites with equipment, signs, etc. And guess what? In Ontario, they've run out of Detour signs! Yes folks, there are now so many construction projects going on across the province that we have to figure out our own detours, at our peril.
Some sick part of me s looking forward to winter this year, only because it means the end of construction season.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment