Friday, September 09, 2005

The first daycare experience...better than expected

Well, F and I just got back from her first time on her own at her daycare. Other than a rough start, it went really well. She cried when I left, but went outside with the kids and played with all the playground toys. She even talked with L for about 20 minutes (although knowing L, he did most of the talking).

She did a big puzzle and painted a picture. The only thing she didn't like was their snack...celery. Completely understandable. (We fixed that when she got home...raisins and pretzels.) But, she was actually happy when I picked her up.

So all went well...thank goodness!

My only concern now is that a kid in the class has head lice! Great...I guess this is only a taste of what's to come once she's in school and daycare full time. That many kids together is really like a petri dish for germs and communicable diseases. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment