Tuesday, September 13, 2005

We survived the first day of school

Well, we made it. The first day of school!

F hopped out of bed this morning and wanted to make sure she wasn't late for school. She wanted "pretty hair", which meant braids, and wore her new red dress and new princess running shoes. She was very excited about going to kindergarten.

G and I walked her to school, at which point she told us that she didn't want to go to school. (A girl can always change her mind. :)

At school, we met her friend E and a very enthusiastic teacher! She lined up with the other kids (just a few from her class today), and they trotted off into the school when the bell rang. No crying or anything! A great step for her.

After work I picked her up...although she was crying her head off after a good day since her friend E left before she did. :( So, I felt like crap. But, the rest of the day went quite well for her...she even ate an egg salad sandwich for the first time. When we go home, she asked if she could go to daycare when she's five and when I said yes, she said, "that's good." I'm taking this to be good sign.

So far, she liked school but thought that it was too short. And, she said she didn't get enough time to play outside. She made a little necklace for us that said, "I survived the first day of kindergarten." More true of us than of her. She did great on the bus too...she's an old hat at this because her old babysitter took the kids on the bus all the time.

Yes...we definitely survived the first day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment